Followers

About

My photo
I'm a children's author. Animals are a constant source of writing material for me. They are also my heart!

An Email I Had to Share....

>> Friday, April 16, 2010



IF I DIDN`T HAVE A DOG OR CAT

I could walk around the yard barefoot in safety. My house could be carpeted instead of tiled and laminated.All flat surfaces, clothing, furniture, and cars would be free of hair. When the doorbell rings, it wouldn't sound like a kennel. When the doorbell rings, I could get to the door without wading through fuzzy bodies who beat me there. I could sit on the couch and my bed the way I wanted, with out taking into consideration how much space several fur bodies would need to get comfortable. I would have money, and no guilt to go on a real vacation. I would not be on a first-name basis with 6 veterinarians, as I put their yet unborn grandkids through college.
The most used words in my vocabulary would not be: out, sit, down, come, no, stay, and leave it ALONE. My house would not be cordoned off into zones with baby gates or barriers. I would not talk 'baby talk'. 'Eat your din din'. 'Yummy yummy for the tummy'...My house would not look like a day care center, toys everywhere. My pockets would not contain things like poop bags, treats and an extra leash.I would no longer have to spell the words B-A-L-L,, W-A-L-K,, T-R-E-A-T,, O-U-T,, G-O,, R-I-D-E,, C-O-O-K-I-E

I would not have as many leaves INSIDE my house as outside. I would not look strangely at people who think having ONE dog or cat ties them down too much. I'd look forward to spring and the rainy season instead of dreading 'mud' season. I would not have to answer the question 'Why do you have so many animals?' from people who will never have the joy in their lives of knowing they are loved unconditionally by someone as close to an angel as they will ever get.
How EMPTY my life would be!!!

14 comments:

Oklahoma Granny April 16, 2010 at 2:57 PM  

I so enjoyed this post.

3 things: 1) 3 of our 4 dogs are rescues. When our first came to us I found a piece of scrapbook paper that had these words printed on it, "They say we rescued you, but you really rescued us." That's exactly how we feel about each one of our fur kids. 2) Our daughter gave me a sign for Christmas that reads, "No outfit is complete WITHOUT dog hair." I love it! 3) Our daughter's dogs actually know what T-R-E-A-T spells. Just try spelling it and they come running.

Have a grand weekend!

kimmterr April 16, 2010 at 3:21 PM  

All of my dogs (down to just one and there is no changel in just one) and 5 cats are all rescues. And yes our lives would be easier but not as full of joy as they are now.

Unknown April 16, 2010 at 7:18 PM  

Ahhhhh I Soooooo agree with you!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ April 16, 2010 at 8:30 PM  

We must be on the same list and the same wave length (scary for you!) because I got this today too and am going to post it on my blog! :-)) Enjoy your weekend!!

Jan Mader April 16, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

Not scary at all! I would guess this is an email that will spread quickly...it's so true!!!!

Tweedles -- that's me April 16, 2010 at 10:57 PM  

Those people who question why we have so many animals are missing out on love, and life and giving.
The ones of us who know why we have animals - our hearts are blessed everyday, and we never question it.
love
tweedles

sandy April 16, 2010 at 11:35 PM  

Glad you made it home safely, me and my allergies though like the leaves being outside.

Looking forward to vacation pictures.

Lillian Robinson April 17, 2010 at 12:41 PM  

Loved this post! Except for the mention of mud season. You didn't say a word about all the money you'd save on those little sticky roller things...

Sharon Wagner April 19, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

That's so darn true. It would be boring without all their shenanigans.

T April 19, 2010 at 4:30 PM  

Agree! I have read this before, and it says it perfectly!!

sandy April 20, 2010 at 8:30 AM  

Popping back in to see what's going on, visiting all Bridge Members.

We;ve made another connection and I'm pretty excited about it. Got another bag of stuff to pass along.

Sandy

Erica Vojnich April 21, 2010 at 9:01 AM  

I just got this email this weekend from my friend. We just rescued a dog (former breeding dog in a puppy mill) and needed a huge surgery on her teeth. Good bye vacation, but hello love and kisses.

Unknown April 22, 2010 at 4:35 AM  

Beautiful post!

Anonymous August 12, 2010 at 7:41 AM  

I apologise, but, in my opinion, you commit an error. Write to me in PM.

We'd Love to See Who You Are - We Know You're Adorable for Sure!

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP