Followers

About

My photo
I'm a children's author. Animals are a constant source of writing material for me. They are also my heart!

P E A C E in the Kitchen!

>> Friday, July 16, 2010


I know this picture doesn't have the best color quality in the world but I had to share it anyway. We have peace in the kitchen again.
P E A C E - What a nice word that is when it comes to dinnertime. Up until a few weeks ago we had the crazy dog scramble around 6:00 every evening while I got the dog food ready. Sam didn't know what the word SIT meant and Maddie and Annabelle were caught up in Sammy's enthusiasm for food. Now all three of my babies sit quietly and wait for their bowls to be placed in their appropriate position. Now how about that?
I'm happy. The three kids are happy. Life is good...mostly.
On another note, I thought I'd let you know that I'm having back surgery on August 19th. I'll be in the hospital for three to five days. The doctor says by next year at this time I'll be back to my regular riding schedule. I hope he's right. I've decided to try one dressage show before surgery. Tango pony and I are going to a little show on July 25th. I figure what the heck...they've got to fix my back anyway, so one more hurrah is just what I need.
Life is never boring and I guess like everyone else, I have to take the good with the bad. You've all been so encouraging and your inspirational words help me keep everything in perspective. I can't thank you enough.

15 comments:

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! July 16, 2010 at 11:21 PM  

A furry pawesome scene!

Paws khrossed fur the surgery to be without incident!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Tweedles -- that's me July 17, 2010 at 12:55 AM  

What magic did you use to get all three babied to sit quietly for their dinners to be given to them?
Bribery?

We say- go and enjoy your horse show. It will give you something to look forward to.
And then soon before you even know it- you will be on the road to recovery. I wonder if you will be like one of those race horse that just wants to run when your supposed to be recovering slowly.
Everyone will have to keep the reins tight on you!
To me- that will be the hard part.
We will all be here cheering you on to recovery
love
tweedles

DJan July 17, 2010 at 9:21 AM  

I do hope everything goes will with the surgery, and yes, that picture is worth sharing.

Jan Mader July 17, 2010 at 2:44 PM  

I used a clicker, Tweeds! We're practicing clicker training around here!

And yes, once the pain is better I probably will be like one of those race horses...rein me in!!

Two French Bulldogs July 17, 2010 at 6:11 PM  

We think your patience is being tested..BOL
Benny & Lily

Jan Mader July 17, 2010 at 11:06 PM  

I think you're right, Benny and Lily!

Gail Wilson July 18, 2010 at 7:13 PM  

I used the clicker on Mistaya and I was amazed at the quick results. It was the easiest training I have ever done.
I had to have my femur operated on for the second time 2 years after I originally broke it and I too decided that I needed to ride my horse one more time before the surgery date. It was quite an experience...2 years out of the saddle was a long time. But I loved every moment of it. Enjoy your ride too..I know your horse will. Hugs, Mistaya's M.O.M. Gail

Ern July 19, 2010 at 10:45 AM  

Fun picture of them all looking up at you.

Ern

i July 20, 2010 at 3:51 AM  

That's a nice shot! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers.

LS & Happy

Honeygo Beasley July 20, 2010 at 11:06 AM  

Wow, good luck with the surgery and hope you're "back" in great form in no time.

Peace in the kitchen is a good thing.

Hugs!

soggibottom July 20, 2010 at 11:35 AM  

Wow, look at those babies..

Good luck Jan.
Some things take time, when your inpatient and really cross, think of all the good times, it is worth waiting to get well again for.....
X X X

BeadedTail July 20, 2010 at 10:07 PM  

We can see that along with peace in the kitchen there are three adorable faces! Glad things are going well with them!

Hope the riding goes well and that your surgery does too! We'll be purring and crossing paws that you have a quick recovery!

Parsley July 21, 2010 at 10:27 AM  

Hope surgery goes well and that you feel better in no time.

Knowing your love for animals, I invite you to visit recent posts where we ended up adopting a stray we found.

Those Elgin Pugs July 21, 2010 at 5:01 PM  

Hello there!!

Very nice to meet yous!!
What a nice bloggy yous have!!

Sam, Maddie and Annabelle are soooo adorable!!

Thanks for the visit!!

Oh we are sorry to hear 'dat yous needs surgery in Aug! We's send our thoughts and pawrayers to you!!
We's off now to check outs yous other bloggy!!
And thanks for the kind words 'bout our bloggy!!

Loves,
Izzy, Josie and Anakin Man

Carol............. July 22, 2010 at 10:14 PM  

I had back surgery a few years ago and have felt wonderful ever since! All will be well with you.....happy riding.

We'd Love to See Who You Are - We Know You're Adorable for Sure!

Blogger templates made by AllBlogTools.com

Back to TOP